Welcome to the home of Empathy Works.
We are currently only offering telehealth sessions.
An integral hub of psychological, emotional, neurobiological, and spiritual training materials and services.
At Empathy Works, we offer cutting-edge trauma-informed therapy, neurofeedback, and training materials that can help you build empathy and unburden you from lifelong patterns of undesired behavior, reactivity, and painful feelings.
Kurt Christiansen, Psy. D.
Dr. Christiansen is a Clinical Psychologist that specializes in helping people heal from trauma and to overcome debilitating anxiety and depression. Dr. Christiansen utilizes an integral approach, employing therapeutic modalities such as Brainspotting, Sensorimotor, IFS (Internal Family Systems), CRM (Comprehensive Resource Model), CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy), Mindfulness, Gestalt, and DBT (Dialectical Behavior Therapy).
He has been a mindfulness practitioner for nearly twenty years. Through his research in cognitive neuroscience, he believes that mindful practices create . . .
What is Empathy?
Is “a total response to the plight of another person, sparked by a deep emotional sharing of that other person’s state, accompanied by a cognitive assessment of the other’s present condition and followed by an affective and engaged response to attend to their needs and help ameliorate their suffering.” – Jeremy Rifkin
- is one of the major driving forces of the evolution of consciousness and culture on this planet.
- is the developmental ability to access and convey compassion.
- unfolds in stages with each stage bringing forward a greater capacity to understand, attune to, and connect with more people at deeper levels.
- leads to greater cooperation, ethics and morals, creativity.
- helps to reduce relational conflict, bullying, and violence.